This tutorial will answer some questions about the rotating residential proxy plan and how to use it.
The main Q&A's about this proxy type:
- Can you target city/state/zip code? - No, we do not offer such targeting options. You can only target country level.
- Can you manually switch IPs or extract IPs via API? - Custom or manual rotation is not supported. You only have the credentials generator options:
Random IP - IP will change on every request/refresh made;
Session IP - keeps IP sticky for ~30mins; after 30mins, it will disconnect at any time.
- What are the speeds of rotating residential proxy? - Speeds depend on ISP the IP because the rotating residential proxies plan uses a shared IP pool that is made from real users that allow the traffic to pass through their IPs.
- Can I choose a country before making a purchase? - You do not need to worry about this option. When purchasing a rotating residential proxy - you will have access to all countries at the same time and you will be able to choose your country at any time you need.
- How long does 1 GB last? - This question cannot be answered as the usage of bandwidth is subjective to every user and every user use case individually. Note that all traffic is being calculated in the usage - upload, download, and every request made.
- Do rotating residential proxies support SOCKS5? - No, only HTTP is supported.
- Why IP and PORT and Username is always the same? - Rotating residential proxies use shared IP pool, therefore the IP you get is only used to connect to shared IP pool as a whole. Your IP address will be displayed according to the country you chose after you connect to proxy.
Steps on how to use rotating residential proxy
- Make a purchase of a rotating residential proxy. In the ordering form, you will need only to choose how much bandwidth you want to purchase.
- In proxy overview window press on your rotating residential proxy purchased.
- Press "Setup Credentials" to access credentials generator.
- In credentials generator window you can choose the settings needed - country, session type, hostname type and credentials count (valid only with Session IP option).
- Your main proxy information after setting your choices will be displayed on the right side of the dashboard window.
- Copy the credentials generated into your browser (you can use copy button next to the username and password fields) or the software of choice and you can now connect!
What is credential count and how do I use it?
Credential count is used only with Session IP option. This option allows you to create multiple different IPs to use at same time.
Now please note few important things here:
- In credential count you can enter any number you want. Note that if you use country that has significantly smaller IP pool, you may get same IP several times.
- In credential count generator the only difference you will see is different password when using session IP option. DIfferent password = different IP after connecting to proxy.
- All generated IPs will be valid for ~30mins and after that proxies will disconnect at any time, meaning that you will need to generate new credentials.
To use credential count use the following steps:
- Select your preferred settings in credentials generator as in previous screenshots.
- In credental count enter any number you need and this is how many IPs will be generated.
- Press "Generate credentials". Successful generating will display IPs generated down below. You can copy all of them or use Download credentials button to download recently generated ones. Copy the credentials to your browser or software you use. Happy browsing!
The last screenshot marks the different password ending that you will have with Session IP option.
We also have a video tutorial here explaining all procedures. Video tutorial is visually outdated due to new dashboard update, however, all functions and steps taken are exactly the same. Video tutorial can be found here.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article